Experience and Skills:
1. RN License, LPN or Licensed Social Worker in New Jersey
2. Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
1. Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
2. Knowledge of common safety hazards in the home and improvements to establish a safer environment
3. Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
4. Knowledge of home care services, nursing principles and practices with particular reference to the elderly.
5. Ability to perform physical assessments and develop plans of care.
6. Knowledge of health instruction techniques and practices.
7. Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and written reports and responding to correspondence.
8. Excellent organization and documentation skills. Previous case management and leadership experience in Home Health Care
9. Familiarity with community health resources, which are available to participants and families
10. Skilled in developing and maintain department quality assurance. Knowledge of current NJ Home Health policies
11. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
12. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
13. Work well with all members of the care team
14. Knowledge of elder abuse and reporting
15. Familiar with Dementia, Wandering Behavior and Intervention
16. Knowledge of Standard Precautions & Fire and Emergency Procedures in healthcare setting
17. Knowledge of Participant Rights and Workplace Safety
1. Minimum of 1 year of experience in acute care setting or
2. 1 year experience in home care or long term care setting
3. Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly.
Employees must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer.