Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Senior Residence, located in Pennsauken, NJ, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This part-time position offers competitive pay, select benefits and paid time off!
General Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Property Manager. Daily office work will include keyboarding, scheduling appointments and phone work and assisting Property Manager with initial resident applications and re-certifications. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining complex housing files (both database and hard files), and other responsibilities as assigned by the Property Manager. Possess a high level of proficiency in database management. Possess excellent organizational skills and is able to maintain a high level of confidentiality. All building & tenant issues must be reviewed and approved by the Property Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works under direction of PM, directly with the tenants as related to certification/re-certification. Schedules appointments, gathers information, and other responsibilities as required.
- Works with Property Manager on correspondence, memos as requested.
- Organizes and maintains complex tenant files.
- Maintain confidentially in all aspects of work.
- Assists in organization of holiday and other seasonal parties.
- Possess ability to work independently in a professional manner.
- Maintains housing management data base, including:
- Rent Collection
- Maintenance of Resident Files
- Applications for Residence
- Work Orders
- Maintaining Resident Relations
- General Clerical Duties (e.g. filing, typing, answering phones, purchasing office supplies).
8. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
9. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
10. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
11. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
12. Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.